We are committed
At Juver, we pay special attention to environmental issues and therefore, we work to be an increasingly sustainable company. Solidifying ourselves as an environmentally responsible company has always been one of our strategic goals.
For this reason, we have put all our efforts into these 4 areas, which we consider to be those most relevant to our consumers and which bring us closest to our goal of reducing our environmental impact.
WHAT ARE WE ACHIEVING WITH OUR COMMITMENT?
All our efforts are focused on being an environmentally responsible company in a 360º environment: our products and our processes.
The corrugated fiberboard we use can be recycled to give new life to the packaging.
We use green energy, a source of energy that naturally replenishes itself over time.
Lids of vegetable origin
Our lids are made of sugar cane, a renewable source of energy that comes from nature.
Less CO2 emissions
We help reduce environmental impact, since our main raw material comes from the forests.
We eliminate plastic shrink wrap from our minibrik packaging, reducing +50 tons of plastic per year.
We contribute to the seven pillars on which the Circular Economy is founded: Redesign, Reduce, Reuse, Repair, Renew, Recover, Recycle.
Reduction of CO2 emissions
Thanks to the use of renewable energy, we have reduced CO2 emissions
We’ve eliminated over 50 tons of plastic per year
Same great taste
Now we are as good on the outside as we were on the inside
We’ve made the environment a top priority so that we can all continue to enjoy it with our families
Being an ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE Company has always been one of Juver’s strategic goals.
Therefore, we have designed, developed, and implemented a certified Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO 14001 and EU Regulation No. 1221/2009:
Conformity to the above standards has been achieved through:
- Compliance with all the applicable environmental legal requirements.
- Identification and assessment of environmental issues.
- Implementation of environmental control and monitoring plans to prevent all forms of pollution.
- Implementation of Environmental Emergency Plans for appropriate response to different forms of environmental emergencies that may arise on our sites.
Some of Juver’s measures to reduce our environmental impact include:
- Appropriate identification, storage and management of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Implementation and encouragement of eco-friendly practices across the organization.
- Control and monitoring of the use of different resources, including water, electricity, fuels, and chemicals to ensure efficiency and security across the organization.
- Control and appropriate management of effluents through our Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant to ensure compliance with legal requirements and reduce pollution.
- Periodic evaluation of air and noise pollution to ensure compliance with legal requirements and standards.
Actions to promote energy efficiency and the use of renewable energies co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the Region of Murcia:
These measures are mainly based on:
Updating of lighting equipment (Part 1) with luminaires of LED type technology with greater efficiency and consequently lower energy consumption, achieving a reduction in CO2 emissions in the atmosphere.
- Objective: To make progress in assessing and improving the energy efficiency of businesses, particularly SMEs.
- Annual energy savings: 46 toe/year
- Annual GHG emissions savings: 186,32 tCO2
- Status: Granted
- Total investment made: €58.770,5
- Financial support from the European Union: €18.806,56
Renewal of lighting equipment (Part 2) with luminaires of LED type technology with greater efficiency and consequently lower energy consumption, achieving a reduction in CO2 emissions into the atmosphere.
- Objective:To make progress in assessing and improving the energy efficiency of businesses, particularly SMEs.
- Annual energy savings: 25.64 toe/year
- Annual savings in GHG emissions: 103,86 tCO2
- Status: Granted
- Total investment made: €71.786,13
- Financial support from the European Union: €17.228,67
Installation of an economizer in one of the boilers, aimed at promoting energy efficiency, achieving a reduction in CO2 emissions into the atmosphere.
- Objective: To make progress in assessing and improving the energy efficiency of enterprises, particularly SMEs
- Annual energy savings: 109.53 toe/year
- Annual GHG emissions savings: 210,57 tCO2
- Status: Granted
- Total investment made: €49,880
- Financial support from the European Union: €11,971.2
All these activities have led Juver to be awarded on different occasions for its environmental work and to become a benchmark as an environmentally responsible company.
If you wish to download our Environmental, Quality and Food Safety Policy, you can do so by clicking here.